Thursday, February 7, 2013
Rehydrate the natural way!
So if you are one of the unlucky parents this year who has had to deal with a stomach bug taking its toll on your household, this post is for you! I read this great blog called 100 Days of Real Food by Lisa Leake. This woman is great and has so many wonderful tips for anyone trying to be healthier in mind and body. She began the blog in order to challenge herself and her family to eat real food, meaning no processed or artificial anything. Her Whole wheat banana bread recipe is crazy good and I make it often for my family. Recently, she posted a really interesting entry about Pedialyte and a great natural substitution. The recipe can be found here and it is just water, salt, and sugar mixed in an amount that is known to rehydrate the body when ill. I was looking for something like this for Vance when he was sick a few weeks ago but couldn't find anything. I will hold onto this for future reference though. I hope this finds you all happy and healthy, but if not remember you can always turn to natural remedies before heading to the drugstore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this idea. I remember when we first moved here and Elijah got sick for the first time. Keith brought home a bottle of Pedialyte, but I refused to give it to Elijah, and just nursed him a lot. I also like coconut water, but I don't usually have that sitting around. This stuff would be perfect!
ReplyDeleteI know! Why doesn't every pediatrician tell parents about this? It is just a recipe from WHO. When Vance was sick he wouldn't drink pedialite and I was proud. I did coconut water because I couldn't find anything else. Now we know!!!
ReplyDelete